Frequently Asked Questions About SUV Cargo Liner for Dogs
Why should I use a SUV cargo liner for dogs?
You’ve probably seen these rubber lines or rugs in the back of different vehicles. Why do so many drivers use these mats? These heavy-duty rubber (or PU) mats not only protect your vehicle's interior from pet hair and dirt but also serve as an extra barrier of protection against spills and other messes that can happen while driving.
What things should I consider when buying dog seat covers?
- Size and Coverage - The essence of using a dog cargo liner is to protect your back seat and cargo area. You must be sure that you choose a liner with the right size and coverage that fits your cargo area. We recommend that you measure your vehicle’s cargo area first and consider the size of the cargo liner you intend to buy to make sure it fits and covers well.
- Fabric Material - The fabric material will determine whether the cargo liner will be durable, water-resistant, or non-slippery. Not all cargo liners are durable. You wouldn’t want to buy a liner that allows water and pee to seep through your vehicle or one that makes your pet slip.
- Straps and Buckles - Most cargo liners come with an adjustable strap with a buckle to attach to the front or rear seats for stability and extra safety. The straps and buckles make liners easy to install and remove. The type of strap and buckle a liner has will determine how well it will fit your cargo area. Check your vehicle and choose a liner with straps and buckles that will fit well.
- Ease of Cleaning - Choose a cargo liner that is easy to clean. You would find lots of cargo liners out there that are machine washable at a low speed – avoid putting them in a dryer. Some cargo liners can be easily wiped clean with a damp sponge.
- Water and Odor Resistance - Cargo liners are made out of materials – nylon, plastic, rubber, vinyl – that make them resistant to virtually anything, water, or odor. Only liners with waterproof materials will maintain the safety and quality of your car seats. Odor-resistant liners will absorb odors from your dog’s pee so that your vehicle will not be filled with a foul smell.